LYNDEBOROUGH

From The Gazetteer of the State of New Hampshire (in three parts), compiled from the best authorities, by Eliphalet Merrill and the Late Phinehas Merrill, Esq., Printed by C. Norris & Co., Exeter, NH, �1817, pg 157

Part Two of Gazetteer:

LYNDEBOROUGH - a township of an irregular shape, in Hillsborough county; bounded N. by Francestown, E. by New Boston and Mount Vernon, S. by Milford and Wilton, and W. by Greenfield and Temple. It contains 20,767 acres, and 1,074 inhabitants, was incorporated in 1764. Among the mountains in the N. part of the town Sowhegan river has its source. Through other parts of the town flow Piscataquog and Rocky rivers. Warner�s brook takes its rise near a mountain 1,450 feet in height. On the S. side of this mountain stands the meeting house of the town. There are also in the town 2 grain mills, 2 sawmills, a clothing mill and a nail factory. Rev. S. Goodridge was ordained here in 1768, died in 1809, and was succeeded in 1810, by the present pastor Rev. N. Merrill.

Submitted by T.C. Parziale 5/30/00

Link to Home page         Link back to 1817 Gazetteer


Email Kathy Lyndeborough
1817 Gazetteer
Hillsborough County
ALHN-New Hampshire
Created June 18, 2000
Copyright 2000